7 Most Useful Tips to Manage Anxiety and Stress!
Health: We normally feel anxious or nervous many times, when we are going out for an interview, to meet someone, taking exams, to talk to someone, or speak in front of the class whether it could be. The feelings that are uncomfortable. So instead of avoiding these feelings, you should start facing them which will also help you to get away from the anxiety or Anxiety Disorder.
Here is an very informative article about anxiety disorder : Anxiety Disorder: Symptoms, Types, Causes, prevention, and treatment!
Here are five things that would help you to calm down and to cope the anxiety
1. Breathe– the first step is to take a deep breath and calm down. Take a long breath and breathe it out slowly it relaxes your mind and maintains the heart rate. Do it continuously until you don’t feel relaxed and calm. Repeat the process. Take a few slow breaths, you could breathe in on a count of 4, then breathe out on a count of 6.
2. Talk– the best way to talk or to speak about it, it will reduce your anxiety. Talk to the person who is close to you, they can be friends, best friends, family or parents, life partners from whom you can share the thing all I mean. So find those who will not judge you and hear you undoubtedly.
3. Work– if you are anxious, so pick up the favorite thing of yours, your hobby, and try to be busy doing that, because it will keep busy your mind until it’s not get away. Like some people use to work, some cooks, some used to do workout, like they are keeping themselves busy and try to distract their mind from the anxiety.
4. Be positive, think about the good things– it is the natural process that if you have anxiety then the negative thoughts coming automatically blow the mind. So trying to think about all the good things in life can help in reducing stress. Let’s think about your loved ones, the time you have spent, some memories and all such things that relax your mind.
5. Write down– some people who are not comfortable talking, and sharing. They can also write it down on paper, this way it will reduce the anxiety and stabilize you. Just write down your feelings, what you want, and what type of feelings you are getting right now. Do not think about what it is, just write down all your anger, anxiety, feeling, happy even that you cannot share.
6. Face the situation– do not run away from the situation whatever it is, even from the anxiety. If you want to get rid of the anxiety then you should have to face it alone. Facing the anxiety helps you manage it. So, take your fear off and start it. Yes, you can do anything you want.
7. Mindset-Growth – well, this is the main part, because the signal of the anxiety comes from the brain right? Your brain responds to that. And you have to control it. Some people have a fixed mindset like this is how I am and always it would be. But brain science has shown that you can teach your brain the new ways to respond. People with a growth mindset know this well. They know they can get with effort and practice. That includes controlling or reducing the anxiety.