Struggling with back pain? Modern life is making us to sit for long hours. Most of us have to sit for long hours either at work place or while traveling from home to office or vice versa. Did you know? Sitting idle for long for is not good for health especial back. Yes, studies revealed sitting for most of your day increases your risk for cardiovascular disease and diabetes. So here we providing you some tips to follow to maintain a healthy back.
Good Posture is very important. posture is nothing but how you hold your body while sitting, standing or lying down. Good posture is very important for long term health. please make sure that you hold your body the right way, whether you are moving or still. Do so will definitely prevent pain, injuries, and other health problems.
It is always advisable to sit in the right way and have good posture. here we are listing few correct sitting positions at your office or while commuting or event at home.
Correct sitting position
1.Always Keep your back starit while sitting and your shoulders back(don’t bend forward while sitting). Always make sure Your buttocks should get i contact with the back of your chair.
2. Always remember that you have to maintains normal back curves while sitting for that you can use a small rolled up towel or else a lumber roll.
3. Do remember to sit at the end of your chair and slouch completely.
4. Also keep in mind to draw yourself up and accentuate the curve of your back as far as possible. Hold for a few seconds. Release the position slightly (about 10 degrees). This is a good sitting posture.
5. Make sure that you body weight not falling on one side on single. Always distribute your body weight equaly on both hips.
6. Always remember to Keep your knees even with or slightly higher than your hips and do not cross your legs.
7. Always make sure you keep your feet flat on the floor.
8. It is recommended to avoid sitting in the same position for more than 30 minutes.
9. Even at you office, adjust your chair position and height along with your work station, so that you can sit up close to your work and tilt it up toward you. Keep your shoulders relaxed and Put your arms and elbows on your desk or chair.
10. If you’re sitting in a rolling try not twist the waist while sitting.if needed turn your whole body.
If your moving or while standing from your sitting position always move to the front of the chair. Always Stand up by straightening your legs and also make sure to avoid bending forward at your waist. Also stretch your back by doing 10 standing backbends will surely help your back to be strong and it will result a good posture.